Start Your Personal Injury Compensation Claim
Suffering an injury can cause significant pain and disruption in your life. You could make a personal injury claim to get the compensation and justice you deserve.
- CLAIM THOUSANDS IN COMPENSATION
- NO WIN NO FEE
Did you know…
personalinjuryclaimscare.org.uk has dealt with over
Personal injury claim enquiries
Start your personal injury claim with us today belowSTART YOUR CLAIM
Why Choose Personal Injury Claims Care
100% No Win No Fee
The solicitors we work with all operate on a No Win No Fee basis
Access To Specialist Solicitors
Our panel of solicitors is made up of highly experienced professionals, some of whom specialise in complex areas of personal injury law
Regardless of where you’re based in the country, we can help you get the representation you need
Kept Informed Every Step Of The Way
Communication is important and that’s why our panel of solicitors will update you consistently throughout your claim
We take the worry and pressure off your shoulders so that you can focus on recovering
Have you been injured through no fault of your own?Check If You Can Claim
You can also call us for free
Lines open 24/7
How Are Personal Injury Claims Calculated?The personal injury claims process includes legal professionals working out how much compensation you’re eligible to receive. This can vary, depending on a number of factors. Your settlement can fall under two heads of claim. We have broken them down for you below. If you have any questions at any point, get in touch with our claims specialists for more information.
General DamagesOne head of claim is known as general damages. It compensates for the impact your injuries have had on your life, including the pain and suffering you have experienced. When calculating the value of this head, the process of a personal injury claim can include several factors. The level of your pain and suffering and the impact on your quality of life are both usually taken into account. Both of these factors can influence how much you can receive. Both physical injuries and mental injuries can be considered as eligible under general damages.
Special DamagesIn some cases, your injuries may be directly responsible for certain financial impacts on your life. You could claim for the financial losses caused by your injuries under special damages. For example, your earnings may affected if your injuries mean you cannot work for a certain period of time. Another example could be medical expenses such as prescription medication. Another cost under special damages that could be included in personal injury claims is care costs. For instance, you may require additional care at home due to the severity of your injuries. It’s important you have proof of these expenses in order to be reimbursed. Receipts are a good way of supporting this area of your claim. For those seeking UK settlement examples for pain and suffering, there are several guides related to this matter which are available on our site. This includes our guide to payouts for scarring and our guide to UK personal injury claims payouts for head injuries.
What Types Of Accidents And Injuries Can You Make A Personal Injury Claim For?A personal injury claim can potentially be started for a wide variety of different accidents and injuries that can occur in different places. Starting personal injury claims in the UK may be possible for potential claimants if they have been injured (or existing injuries have been made worse) because another party which owed them a duty of care breached it due to negligent behaviour. Wherever an accident and injuries caused by negligence occurs, the criteria for starting potential personal injury claims in the UK and the process of a personal injury claim remains virtually the same. Here at Personal Injury Claims Care, we can advise and potentially support a personal injury claim which you have grounds to make. Our claims specialists can advise on numerous different types of claims, such as the following examples:
Suing The Council For Negligence
- When suing the council for negligence, you will need to prove that you were injured due to them breaching their duty of care. Any party in control of a public space, such as your
- , must do all that they reasonably can to keep that space safe to use for its intended purposes. This duty of care is set out in the
- . Councils are in charge of various public spaces such as footpaths and public parks. Some examples of when you could sue the council for negligence include:
If you would like more information on
- You break your leg due to tripping over an exposed tree root on a footpath. If you can prove that the council were aware of this issue but did not take the necessary steps to resolve the issue within a reasonable time, you could make a claim.
- Your child sits on a defective swing at the public park, resulting in the swing collapsing and your child suffering a back injury.
- You suffer a neck injury due to a pothole in the road that your council had failed to fix within a reasonable time frame.
- in the UK, you can contact our advisors. They could offer you free legal advice regarding your potential claim. They could also give you some pain and suffering settlement examples following a successful claim.
Is There A Time Limit For Making A Personal Injury Claim?
- There is a time limit as part of the process for personal injury claims in the UK. Usually, a potential accident claim in the UK has to be started within 3 years, starting from the date on which the accident occurred. These time limits are set out in the
- . The legal system takes a strict approach to the personal injury claim time limit. In most circumstances, a failure to issue court proceedings within 3 years will see the claim statute barred (also known as time-barred). There are exceptions to the 3-year rule, however:
In either of these two circumstances, it’s possible to take action sooner with the help of a
- If at the time of the accident you were under the age of 18, the time limit doesn’t begin until your 18th birthday. You’ll therefore have until your 21st birthday to make a claim.
- If you lose mental capacity as a result of the accident, or if a loved one lacks the mental capacity to act on their own behalf, the time limit is also frozen until they regain that capacity.
- . This is a trusted person who’s appointed to make decisions on your behalf. Any compensation awarded is held in a trust fund for the beneficiary to access at a later date, though applications can be made to access the money sooner. For more advice on different aspects of UK personal injury claims, such as the amount of UK compensation for pain and suffering that may be offered to you, please get in touch with us today. Our claims specialists can be reached by using the contact details included on this page.
Learn More About Personal Injury Claims
Click one to see more
- How Much Compensation For A Motorbike Accident Can I Claim?In this guide, we’ll be discussing the process of seeking motorbike accident compensation by making a personal injury claim. It will look at the eligibility requirements that need to be … Read more
- Injured Back At Work Claims – How Long Do You Have To Start Claim?This guide will explore whether you could be eligible to make a personal injury claim if you injured your back at work, including how long you have to do so. … Read more
- What Are The Key Steps For Making Forklift Accident Claims?This guide explores forklift accident claims. It will discuss the eligibility requirements for seeking personal injury compensation following a workplace accident as well as the steps you can take to … Read more
Fought My Corner
I highly recommend this company. They helped all the way through the process and we had a good outcome. They fought my corner at all stages
Good Final Settlement
Their prompt, clear, detailed and timely actions are well appreciated which helped me through my battle and to achieve a good final settlement compensation
A Very Professional Team
The lawyers made the process so simple. There was nothing difficult and each stage has been explained with any questions or doubts answered by a very professional team
Kept Me Informed
Kept me informed all of the way and I had the utmost trust in their judgement and professional guidance. I would highly recommend
Acceptable outcome to the case and the fee for their hard work is very reasonable. Highly recommend using this company